Lake Superior Harvest Festival
SAVE THE DATE - September 9, 2023
10:00am - 4:00pm
Bayfront Festival Park ~ Free Admission
$10 for parking ~ Zero-Waste
A family-oriented event featuring a huge farmers market, live music all day, renewable Energy Fair, nonprofit exhibitors tent, educational demonstrations and much more!
Check for updates on Facebook!
The Harvest Festival is a project of the Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association, and was founded as an educational outreach program aimed to showcase the local agricultural production of food throughout the Lake Superior region of northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. The goal of the event is to help promote sustainable local food production as a key component of a healthier economy, environment and community in the Lake Superior region.
Today the Harvest Festival has grown into a well attended event providing education, training and outreach in a greater effort to develop sustainable communities and economies in our region. The 1-day outdoor event attracts attendance of over 10,000 people of all ages from throughout the greater Twin Ports region.
Check out our other project, started during the 2020 Pandemic: www.RootsandRecipes.org - where you can find recipes featuring local foods, and connect to local farms.
Take a look at our home page of the Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association and see our upcoming summer events.
Harvest Festival Info:
New Vendors: Please fill out this form. We are allowing past vendors to sign up first, and we have strict criteria that you must comply with. Vendors/exhibitors must live and operate within Northeast Minnesota and Northwest Wisconsin- the Western Lake Superior region, and you must make/grow what you sell. Food vendors MUST use compostable service ware, and all vendors/exhibitors must strive to help us be a zero-waste event.
Returning vendors: Registration documents will be emailed soon to all returning vendors from "Lake Superior SFA". (Please check your junk mail!)
Sponsors: HarvestFest23 Sponsor Letter Form
We are looking for additional 2023 Sponsors!
Mail or email the application with a check, or pay online.
- Chestnut Fields Farm, Cloquet, MN
- Dixon's Apple Orchard, Cadott, WI
- Duluth Flower Farm, Duluth, MN
- Food Farm, Wrenshall, MN
- Happy Hollow Creamery, Bayfield, WI
- Hermit Creek Farm, Highbridge, WI
- Gitche Gumme Kimchi, Duluth, MN
- Golden Gardens, Willow River, MN
- Greenfield Meats, Superior, WI
- Growing Together, Duluth, MN
- Little Italy Farms, Duluth, MN
- Muddy Trails LLC, Two Harbors, MN
- Northern Harvest Farm, Wrenshall, MN
- Observation Hill Honey, Duluth, MN
- Sandy Hill Farm
- Seasonally Sourced Foods, Ashland, WI
- Shoreview Natives, Two Harbors, MN
- Shubat's Fruits, Duluth, MN
- Spirit Lake Native Foods, Sawyer, MN
- Stone's Throw Farm, Wrenshall, MN
- Sweet Land Farm, Cloquet, MN
The Energy Fair showcases renewable energy efforts in our region. Just like local food, local energy makes our community resilient and empowered! New this year, there will be appliance recycling from 11am-3pm! In partnership with Minnesota Power, there will be a FREE drop-off of air conditioning units and dehumidifiers. Appliances must be in working order. They will be recycled properly according to the EPA's Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) program. Drop-off location TBD, will be very close to Bayfront.
- Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
- All Energy Solar
- Citizen's Utility Board of MN
- Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTS)
- Ecolibrium 3 - Energy Fair Host
- Minnesota Interfaith Power and Light
- Minnesota Power
- Minnesota Renewable Energy Society
- Ski Hut
- and Electric Vehicles will be on display!
- ALEIA Project- Allergy Awareness
- Bobcat of Duluth
- Duluth Community Garden Program, Duluth, MN
- Duluth Aging Support
- Ecolibrium 3
- Lake Superior Community Health Center
- League of Women Voters, Duluth, MN - Exhibit Tent Host
- Members Cooperative Credit Union, Duluth, MN - Donor Sponsor
- Mentor North
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- MDA Water Quality Certification Program
- MN Institute for Sustainable Agriculture (MISA)
- Minnesota Farmers Union - Donor Sponsor
- The North 103.3 - Supporting Sponsor
- Sierra Club, Duluth, MN
- Spirit of the Lake Community School
- St. Louis County Master Gardeners
- South St. Louis Soil and Water Conservation District - Sponsor
- Water Legacy
- Whole Foods Co-op, Duluth, MN - Major Sponsor
- WLSSD, Duluth, MN - Supporting Sponsor
- UMD Land Lab
- Veterans for Peace Chapter 80 & Grandmothers for Peace
ARTISAN FOOD VENDORS 2022
Hand-made locally, these foods are packaged for you to take home and eat later. Find them next to the Farmers Market.
- Bread in the Meadow - Duluth, MN
- Elevated Spores - Superior, WI
- Duluth's Best Bread - Duluth, MN
- Fräschgoods - Duluth, MN
- Karl's Bread - Mt. Iron, MN
- Rustic Apron Bakery - Superior, WI
- Lots of Love Sweets & More - Duluth, MN
- The Norse Bakehouse (previously Swan's Sweets) - Duluth, MN
- Superior Sweets - Duluth, MN
- Two Harbors Baker - Two Harbors, MN
FOOD VENDORS 2022
Our food vendors use compostable utensils and containers and help us manifest a ZERO-WASTE event!
- Csomos Fried Fish - Superior, WI
- Duluth Coffee Company - Duluth, MN
- El Oasis Del Norte - Duluth, MN
- Kernel's Best Kettle Korn - Virginia, MN
- Love Creamery - Duluth, MN - Sponsor
- Mama Roots - Duluth, MN
- Sandy Hill Ranch - Barnum, MN
- Saigon Cafe - Duluth, MN
- Positively 3rd St. Bakery - Duluth, MN - Sponsor
ARTISTS & CRAFTERS 2022
Products are locally produced and handmade.
- AdventureUs LLC - Washburn, WI
- Aonehc Aonehc - Duluth, MN
- Birch Botanicals - Virginia, MN
- Charmed Custom Candles - Duluth, MN
- Cheers Reclaimed Glass Jewelry - Cloquet, MN
- Daisy Lily Stitches - Duluth, MN
- Dream Chaser Farm - Foxboro, WI
- EcoCraft - Superior, WI - Area Host
- EnKoos - Duluth, MN
- Mittens & More - Phillips, WI
- Kringle's Krafts - Two Harbors, MN
- Kringle's Workshop - Two Harbors, MN
- Lotus Creek Candles - Duluth, MN
- MacManus Stoneworks - Duluth, MN
- Marvelous Melissa - Duluth, MN - Area Host
- Mother Trees Herbal Salves, Oil & Soap - Wrenshall, MN
- Northland Exposures - Proctor, MN
- Nuova Vita - Duluth, MN
- Smiling Son Pottery & Lea's Herbal Skin Care - Washburn, WI
- Stoneweaver - Duluth, MN
- YB Urban? - Baldwin, WI
Maypole Dancing at 11:45 & 1:45
Terrence Smith invites you to join in the fun! In front of the music stage.
Dululth Fiber Guild - A Community of Textile Artists displaying samples of our work & demonstrating weaving, spinning & other fiber techniques. There will be a floor loom to try, plus weaving projects for children, in the Exhibitor Tent.
Forging Community - Blacksmithing
See it up close! In the bowl.
Duluth Folk School
Building Community through hand crafting! Find it in the bowl.
Pet chickens with Locally Laid Egg Co. at 11:00-2:00.
Find them just west of the Energy Fair.
Parking is $10/car. We encourage you to take public transportation, walk, bike, or carpool to Bayfront Park. There will be ample bicycle parking at the main entrance.
Overflow parking: There is plently of parking at the DECC garage for $10/car.
Choose Your Volunteer Opportunity
Duluth's Harvest Festival: Sign up HERE, or email email@example.com
All SFA Volunteers must first read our Volunteer Handbook (PDF)
We require SFA Volunteers to submit a Volunteer Release Form.
This Agreement is between you as a volunteer, and SFA, a nonprofit organization that supports sustainable farming and sustainability education in Minnesota.
Signing this agreement indicates that you wish to provide volunteer services to SFA and that you expect to receive no compensation or any other benefits traditionally associated with employment for those services.
By signing this following agreement, you grant SFA the rights to photographs, video or audio recordings of you made by SFA in connection with your volunteer services, and you agree that SFA may use or publish them.
- Online Form
- Paper Form (PDF)
10:00 Colleen Myhre
11:45 Terrance Smith's Maypole
12:15 Skarlet Woods
1:00 Ann Kathryn
1:45 Terrance Smith's Maypole
2:15 Jen West
3:00 Shane Nelson
Harvest Festival Director
LS-SFA Chapter Coordinator
1.844.922.5573 Ext. 709. - Call and leave a voicemail.
Email: lakesuperior (at) sfa-mn.org
Harvest Festival Location:
Bayfront Festival Park, Duluth MN
350 Harbor Dr, Duluth, MN 55802
As the Lake Superior Sustainable Farming Association, we acknowledge that we are on the traditional Indigenous land of the Lake Superior Anishinaabe. We recognize the Treaty of 1854 which established the ceded territory of the Lake Superior region, which connects us all through this beloved land, our good food, and our shared community. Miigwetch!