WCI and SFA Farm Tour and Funding Resources Evening Sept. 7 in Alexandria
SFA and West Central Initiative are partnering again for an evening of learning and networking including a free farm tour and dinner from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Sept. 7.
The evening starts with a diverse tour of Naima’s Farm, 2204 E Lake Jessie Rd SE, Alexandria, and a discussion of vegetable farming and a high tunnel system demo. In addition, SFA’s Jonathan Kilpatrick will lead a discussion on the livestock grazing management at the same farm.
Following the farm tour, at 6 p.m. the group will caravan for dinner and meeting at Longtrees Woodfire Grill 4409 MN-29, Alexandria. During dinner, hear about funding resources available within the county and state for beginning and sustainable farmers from sources like: Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture, MN Ag Water Quality Certification Program, Farm Service Agency, Local Conservation Offices, SFA and WCIF. A meal and first drink are provided.
Space is limited, so preregistration is required.
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. – Farm Tour at 2204 E Lake Jessie Rd SE Alexandria, MN 56308 (Vegetable Farming and Livestock Grazing Management will be highlighted, please wear appropriate clothing and shoes for walking around the farm as well as a water bottle to keep hydrated)
- 5:30 p.m. – Farm Tour ends, Guests depart from farm and travel to town for the Funding Resources Meeting and Supper
- 5:45-6 p.m. – Guests arrive to Longtrees Woodfire Grill at 4409 MN-29 Alexandria, MN 56308
- 6:00-6:15 p.m. – Meal to be served to Guests
- 6:15-7:30 p.m. – Funding Resources for Beginning and Sustainable Farmers Meeting
SFA staff and volunteers occasionally take photos during our workshops, cafe chats and field days for promotional purposes and to use as documentation of events to share with our funders. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let our event host know — we’ll make every effort to make sure you are not photographed.
Refunds for cancellations can be requested up to 48 hours prior to the event.