Become a Member
For more than 30 years, members have been the heart of SFA and make our work possible. Our 1,300 members include farmers, ranchers, agricultural educators, agency staff, local food advocates, homesteaders, eaters, and conservationists.
We call ourselves the "farmer-to-farmer network," but our ecosystem is far wider. We attract and partner with people and organizations interested in shifting the agricultural paradigm from an extractive model to a regenerative one.
You can join us as a member by making an annual or monthly gift at an amount that is comfortable and meaningful to you. Be sure to check out the member benefits below!
Make a Donation
Support our long-term vision for regenerative agriculture and vibrant rural communities by making a donation of any amount.
Sustainable Farming Association is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, so your membership dues and donations are tax-deductible.
P.S. Many employers provide matching funds for employees that donate to nonprofit organizations. Does yours?
More on Membership
- You can be an at-large member of SFA, or choose to join any of our regional chapters.
- If you are a chapter member, the majority of your membership dues will go toward supporting it.
- You choose the way to give that works best for you. One annual membership payment? Great. Monthly donations à la MPR? Also great.
- The best way to "set it and forget it" is to set up a recurring payment using e-check/ACH.
- Most SFA events are open to all, regardless of membership. If you're on the fence, come check us out!
"It's just such a generous group of people. It's really the people that are the biggest benefit of SFA." - Kelsey Wulf
There's great value for individuals, families, and businesses in SFA membership! You can access these benefits when you start an annual membership or make a donation:
Select a membership level that works for you
$40 / Year
Our "bread and butter," most popular membership.
Pay What You Can
$__ / Year
All are welcome. Make an annual gift at an amount that is comfortable and meaningful to you.
$50 / Year
A household membership includes everyone who shares the residence.
$150 / Year
Business memberships grant membership status to employees and provide discounts for sponsor and exhibitor opportunities.
$__ / Month
Make a sustaining monthly gift at an amount that is comfortable and meaningful to you.